When planning a backyard braai this Summer, use these tips to make it environmentally friendly…
- Use reusable or biodegradable plates and utensils. If you can’t find those, at least go for products made from 100 percent recycled materials.
- Fill up pitchers of water, homemade lemonade and iced tea instead of buying huge quantities of personal-sized beverage containers.
- Use gas, propane or electric grills, which aren’t perfect but burn more efficiently and cleaner than charcoal or wood.
- Grill locally grown veggies!
- Encourage walking, biking or carpooling to your party.
Don’t forget the little things. Choosing organic condiments, reusable napkins instead of paper ones, e-vites versus mail invitations, homemade decorations over store-bought and other details will help round off the finishing touches to your green braai this Summer!